Generating Web Traffic: Often times when a business or an individual creates a website they get caught up in the moment of having a great looking website but forget about the concept of driving users and visitors to their site.
Once the euphoria of a finished website is complete, the inevitable next questions come up:
- My website is complete but how do I generate web traffic?
- How do I create business leads from my website?
- How do I convert my leads into paying customers?
After all, if no one is finding your website, what good is it? It’s like a billboard in the desert. If no one sees it, it’s useless.
Generate Leads from your Website
A failure point some face in their website development is that quite a bit of time, effort, and money is placed into the actual design and development of the site, but very little effort is placed in researching how to generate web traffic, leads, and sales from the site. If search engines can’t find you or your website, then potential clients won’t find your site either. And if potential clients can’t find your site, does it even matter?
Creating a website is much more than a fancy layout with graphs, charts, and colors. You need to create an experience for your visitors:
- Understand how to reach users who are searching your product or service. research the key phrases and search terms your potential leads are searching in Google (research your competitors).
- Attract potential customers to your website
- Transition your potential customers into actual leads and clients
- Close the deal on your leads and convert them into paying customers.
Delivering Web Traffic
Ideally, your overall marketing plan would incorporate a strategy on creating web traffic and leads to your site. If it does not, there is time to recover and begin putting a solid internet marketing plan in place to capture the traffic and leads you need for your service. The basic outline is such:
- Generate web traffic to your website
- Create actual business leads from your web traffic
- Convert your leads into paying customers
While the design and layout of your website is important to ensure you present the professional look and feel of your business, generating the traffic and leads and converting them into sales is equally, if not more important, than the actual website design. Without a strong plan on how to capture web traffic and leads, and a strong structure on how convert those leads into sales, your website will be useless
It is not a one-and-done task to create the traffic you need to attract potential clients and leads to your website. It is an ongoing and continual effort to keep your website relevant and keep it working for you.
There is an old saying that if a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound? The same holds true for your website: if you create a website, but no one finds it, does it really exist?
Find out how we can assist with your site.